R and R site AMANPURI Phuket Thailand
A certain site in Phuket, Thailand where you’ll see nature and culture clash giving you a tranquil rest and recreation is theAmanpuri Resort. One of the luxurious chains of hotels of Aman, the Amanpuri resort nestles in a crescent-shaped beach by the side of turquoise waters and surrounded with coconut palms.
Amanpuri means “place of peace”, which have been the long-running theme of Aman Resorts. The resort started operating in 1988, and was the eldest amongst the Aman family of luxurious hotel. Adding up to the worldly known of Aman, is the country of Thailand which is famed for many of its tourist destinations with Phuket as one of its popular islands. Aman plus Thailand equals real luxury with isolation and seclusion.
The Thai beach resort of Amanpuri has stood up to what it has been acclaimed for so many years. The resort has been known to offer quality service, fine cuisine and cruising complementing the natural beauty of the tropical island surrounding it. The resort looks out over the turquoise waters of Andaman Sea.
Phuket Island is the largest island of Thailand and is located west of Kra Isthmus, 890 kilometer south of Bangkok. The island is surrounded by the Andaman Sea and joins the Indian Ocean on its south. From Bangkok, should you wish a hasty travel, you’ll have to reach the island by air for one and a half hour. If you wish to reach the Phuket Island by land, you’ll have to hurdle over 12 hours of travel.
Amanpuri is just a 30 minute drive from Phuket airport. However, you may opt to have the resort’s complimentary private limousine transfers to and from the airport.
There are 40 Pavilions all throughout a coconut plantation. All the Pavilions are showcased with an outdoor sala with a sun deck and dining terrace. Inside, is a king-size bed, oversized bathrooms and dressing areas. Pool pavilions are equipped with private pools. The Pavilions are complimented with wireless broadband connections.
· Pool Pavilion is a two-bedroom Pool Pavilion connected by an external walkway.
· Partial Ocean Pool Pavilions these pavilions offer partial views of the ocean and has its own private pools.
· Garden Pool Pavilion offers views of the resort’s coconut plantation with a private pool.
· Ocean Pavilions give you unobstructed views of the sea.
· Partial Ocean Pavilions are located aback from the shore with partial views of the ocean.
· A view of the resort’s mature coconut palms is what you’ll see from Garden Pavilions.
· Pavilions are located along the resort’s internal passageway.
· Experience luxury treatment at the resort’s Luxury Villa Homes. These homes are shaded by coconut palms with ocean front settings. Each villa is designed with two to six separate bedrooms furnished with Thai embellishments, art and antiques. Each villa also is featured with its own private pools plus living and dining salas. Your stay will be serviced with a housekeeper and a cook.
Your stay with an Aman resort wouldn’t be complete without the adventures and fun equipped with it.
Amancruises’ vessels can take you through the forested limestone pillars that rise from the Andaman Sea. Half day and full day tours are being offered by these cruises which will travel you to Phang Nga Bay, Krabi, Similan Islands and Phi Phi Islands.
The Andaman Sea to which the resort is nearly located is a haven for exceptional dive sites for novices and experienced divers. There are also other diving spots near the Amanpuri which include Racha Island, Shark Point, Koh Kai Nok and Koh Dok Mai.
If water activities and trips aren’t something you wish to do yet, Amanpuri can arrange for your golfing experience. Five international standard golf courses are found within the island and are just 30-40 minutes away from Amanpuri. Among these are the Blue Canyon Country Club, The Phuket Country Club, The Laguna Golf Club and the Red Mountain Golf Club.
After a day’s event, have yourself some pampering and treatment at the Aman Spa. One of the best in the world, the Aman Spa has six Thai-styled treatment pavilions that are placed in an open, light-filled space. The Spa has private steam room, shower, bath, dressing area and an outdoor meditation sala.