adsense leaderboard

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

HOW TO END PROCRASTINATION: The cure for slackerdom!



HOW TO END PROCRASTINATION


Procrastination is one habit I always try to avoid.  Why? simply because I don’t like to be pressured and I don’t want to be left behind. I’ve learned the bad thing about procrastination when I was younger. All my classmates already had their own projects, and I was complacent that I can make it on the last hour. My mom noticed that all of them were busy doing the project and I was just looking at them. She asked me about it and I was scolded in front of some classmates. Since then I promised myself never to procrastinate. I always see to it, that whatever projects or tasks that I have to do, I already did it ahead of time.

Why do we procrastinate? One reason is that we avoid some unpleasant tasks. With us avoiding these tasks, we tend to neglect and waste our time doing stuffs that we deem pleasant, therefore putting into hold the important tasks. Another is we are afraid to face the results. We neglect our tasks because we fear that the outcome may be rejected or will fail.

Here’s some good tips to end the procrastination.

1.      Value Time. Before starting off some steps, be sure how valuable the time is. A second spent doing nothing meant a second wasted for opportunities. If a certain task or projects you are bound to do, start working on it the soonest time possible.

2.      Know your priorities. No matter how hard you try to avoid the tasks that are unpleasant to you, you will eventually face it. So there’s no point of delaying. Face it and work on it. Start with those you dislike so you can get over it.

3.      Give yourself some deadline, way ahead of the deadliest line. This is to give you ample time to revise if ever you see a need for revision. That way, you will be able to avoid failure or rejection.

4.      Ask some help.If the task is something you can’t handle alone, ask some good help from the people who has gone through that tasks. That way you will be guided.

5.      Procrastination happens because we lack determination. Be Determined.Keep your eyes focused on your goals. Do not delay your possible success just so you are bombarded with unwanted tasks. If you really want to succeed, you should keep yourself focused on your dreams and do not let anything come between you and your dreams.

6.      Think of the pay-off it will give. The reward doesn’t have to be monetary. The earlier the project started, the lesser the chances of mistakes. Therefore if your project will be close to perfection, you will have better grades (for students), or a positive feedback if you’re employed. See the end results of the tasks. Do not think about the sufferings you have to go through, because every action you make always have its own reaction. Invest on a hard work rather than lay-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers