R and R Site: Nihiwatu
Still haven’t found the perfect R and R site? How about going to an isolated and extraordinary resort? Or perhaps exploring the seas either by fishing, surfing or diving? How about packing it all up doing water activities in an isolated and extraordinary resort for your perfect rest and recreation? Sounds interesting, right? Well, try immersing yourself in this splendid isolated and unspoiled region in the Indonesian Archipelago, where you will surely say there is heaven on earth. I am referring to the island pure of perfection – theIsland of Nihiwatu.
Nihiwatu is a little and exclusive getaway in the eastern part of Indonesia. People who had come to this place had attested that the experience they had in this island resort gave them the exclusivity and romance they always wanted for a perfect getaway.
The island consisted of a 175-hectare lush jungle, rice terraces and grasslands on one side to the exclusive beach with Indian Ocean stretching out as far as you can see. Its two and half kilometres of beachfront are protected by headlands gives your retreat the exclusivity you want. Not only this paradise just a simple getaway, it is also a mixed with culture. The island is surrounded with Stone Age sites and traditional villages that have remained unchanged for centuries with rituals that had stood still through time.
Whether you are up for a romantic getaway, seeking for an adventure or just simply lock yourself up to a different world, this place is just so idyllic!
What made Nihiwatu unique is because of its location. It is far enough from everywhere. A one and a half hours drive through the countryside from Tambolaka airport to the remote coastline of Nihiwatu.
International flights that land in Bali are advised to take an overnight stay at Bali since there are no early flights en route to Sumba. Airlines that fly to Bali include hubs in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taipei, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. However, should you wish to fly directly to the island, you may arrange for a chartered flight.
The Nihiwatu Residences are the new models of eco-development. The designers utilized old and modern technology which includes recycled water systems, advanced LED lighting powered by batteries and inverters and other energy systems. Their goal is to use minimal energy power without putting hold the guests’ luxury experience thereby reducing their consumption of fuel, reduce water usage and recover and reuse waters used.
This accommodation faces the southeastern part and overlooks the waves of Nihiwatu. It has a large swimming pool and a living room that has two connecting bedrooms. At the back of the residence located further, and located slightly up on the hill are two free-standing Luxury Suites. These suites can both access the 32 m2 pool.
Located southwest atop on a hill, it gives its guests a perfect view of the sunset. This accommodation is ideal for groups and larger families that want spacious entertainment areas. It has 2 Luxury suites measuring 190 m2 and a private plunge pool of 16 square meters. A Luxury Villa with 2 Master Suites, a Living room with fully-equipped kitchen, Pool terrace, dining room and lounge and a private swimming pool.
Residence 3 faces the west and is spacious and secluded. It has a two Double-storey Deluxe Suites: an En-suite Master bedroom downstairs, an Upper-level living room and private plunge pools. One Luxur Villa with 2 Master Suites, Living and Dining Pavilion with fully-equipped kitchen and a Private Swimming Pool overlooking the beach.
There are a variety of activities you can do during your stay here. This include:
· Horse Riding – should you wish to try other activity aside from water activities, try horse riding. The resort offers half and full day guided horseback tours.
· Mountain Biking – mountain bike tours are available should you wish to see some interesting terrains.
· Trekking – try trekking over forested mountainous areas, that’ll surely test your endurance and skills. In Sumba they have many terrains to which you may take your trips to.
· Overland Tours – Half day and full day tours may be arranged to take you to beaches and important villages and markets.
· Bird Watching – Sumba is a bird’s paradise. It homes 300 species of birds which include hornbill, fruit dove, button quail and paradise flycatcher.
· World Class Fishing – Large Marlin weighing more than 300 pounds and Yellowfin tuna of over 150 pounds migrate close to the coast during August to January.
· Exceptional Diving – diverse dive sites abound within the resort where divers attest their close encounters with large Marlin, Sailfish and Blue Whales.
· Surfing –100 yards off Nihiwatu Beach is the world’s most perfect waves. The resort faces southwest into the Indian Ocean which suits well for surfing.
· Boating – cruise along scenic coastlines. The tour around West Sumba includes fishing, snorkelling and eating over luncheon buffets under the shades of the trees on the beach.
· Restaurant and Open Air Dining – experience first class dining plus sumptuous meal in their restaurant which also gives you a great view of over the sea and beach.
· Outdoor Pavilions – for a romantic private dining, go to their Outdoor Pavilions. You may choose the location either up on the hill or near the beach.
· Bars –positioned on the edge of the cliff, it gives you sweeping views of the sea, surf and spectacular sunsets plus an array of fine ways from Europe, North and South America and Australia.
· Swimming and Plunge Pools – These pools are located atop a hill giving you a picturesque view of the beach and sea.
· Jungle Spa – A natural setting with the sound of the surf plus a relaxing massage, the Jungle Spa is located outdoors under the trees just above the beach to allow privacy.
· Yoga and Meditation – if you want to have yourself some form of relaxation, try their yoga classes. You may arrange for private or group classes with their resident instructor American Ka’ale Sea. The setting is perfect which is made up of bamboo without nails.